1. Don't start a company unless it's an obsession and something you love.
2. If you have an exit strategy it's not an obsession.
3. Hire people who you think will love working there.
4. Sales cure all.
5. Know your core competencies and focus on being great at them.
6. Lunch is a chance to get out of the office and talk.
7. No offices. There is nothing private in a startup.
8. As far as technology, go with what you know.
9. Keep the organization flat.
10. Never buy swag.
11. Never hire a PR firm.
12. Make the job fun for employees.