It is said that if you ask a question in just the right way, the answer will be obvious. Maybe that's why I love questions so much.
The Kickstart Question:What's on your mind?The AWE Question?And What Else? (Tell me more...)The Focus Question:What's the real challenge here for you?The Foundation Question:What do you want?The Lazy Question:How can I help? What do you want from me?The Strategic Question:If you're saying 'Yes' to this, what are you saying 'No' to?The Learning Question:What was most useful for you?-------------------------
The Devil's AdvocateWhy will it Not Work? (some reasons, conditions)DelegatingWho can get this done? (not How can I do this?)Priorities‘What does the business need from you right now?’”GeneralWhat am I missing? What more should I know? What question should I be asking?
1. What's your story?
This open-ended question is bound to trigger something interesting after the other person gets over the initial shock that you asked it. By opening up a conversation in this manner, you've given them access to speak from their hearts and share their life's journeys, dreams, and goals.
2. What absolutely excites you right now?
3. What was the highlight of your day (or week)?
4. What gets you up in the morning?
5. What is your whole reason for existing--your "why" (ikigai)?
6. What's the most important thing I should know about you?
7. Why did you choose your career or line of business?
8. What is one of your most defining moments in life?
9. What's the best thing that's happened to you this year?
10. When's the last time you failed spectacularly at something?
-What inspires you?
-What have you learned from a mistake?
-What do you like to do for fun?
-What is your proudest accomplishment?
-What have you learned from a difficult experience?
-What do you think is the most important lesson you can teach others?
-How do you measure success?
-What advice would you give someone going through a difficult time?
-What does it mean to you to be successful?
-What experiences in your life have shaped who you are today?
-If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
-If you could master any skill, what would it be?
-What do you do to stay creative or inspired?
-What’s something that you want to learn more about?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Lenny's podcast: Favorite interview questions from 100 guests