1. What programming languages are you most familiar with and have the most experience in?
2. Do you have any experience working with databases or other backend technologies?
3. Are you comfortable with developing software applications for different platforms - web, mobile, etc.?
4. Are you familiar with common design patterns and coding conventions? Discuss.
5. How do you handle debugging when discovering and solving problems?
6. How would you go about testing a feature or a bug fix?
7. Are you comfortable working with code versioning tools such as Git?
8. How do you stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in software development?
9. What strategies do you use to ensure that code quality is maintained across the entire project?
10. Are you comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team?
11. What sets you apart from other programmers you have worked with?
Here is a list of things to consider when creating a hiring checklist:
-Define the job role and responsibilities.
-Compile a list of essential technical and soft skills required.
-Set reasonable expectations for the position.
-Develop a timeline for the recruitment process.
-Choose an appropriate platform for sourcing candidates.
-Conduct initial interviews and assess resumes.
-Check references and perform background checks.
-Assess candidates’ expertise in coding languages, databases, and other relevant technologies.
-Evaluate their knowledge of design patterns, coding conventions, and code versioning tools such as Git.
-Ask questions about their strategy for maintaining high-quality code throughout the entire project.
-Look for real-world examples of the candidate's software development experience and abilities.
-Create an effective onboarding program that facilitates rapid learning and adoption.
Post a Comment