The Kickstart Question:What's on your mind?The AWE Question?And what else? (Tell me more...)The Focus Question:What's the real challenge here for you?The Foundation Question:What do you want?The Lazy Question:How can I help? What do you want from me?The Strategic Question:If you're saying 'Yes' to this, what are you saying 'No' to?The Learning Question:What was most useful for you?-------------------------The Devil's AdvocateWhy will it Not Work? (some reasons, conditions)DelegatingWho can get this done? (not How can I do this?)Priorities‘What does the business need from you right now?’”GeneralWhat am I missing? What more should I know? What question should I be asking?
Inc. Magazine - 10 Questions to Spark Stimulating Conversations
1. What's your story?
This open-ended question is bound to trigger something interesting after the other person gets over the initial shock that you asked it. By opening up a conversation in this manner, you've given them access to speak from their hearts and share their life's journeys, dreams, and goals
Here are the other nine to take for a spin at your next business one-on-one:
2. What absolutely excites you right now?
3. What was the highlight of your day (or week)?
4. What gets you up in the morning?
5. What is your whole reason for existing--your "why"?
6. What's the most important thing I should know about you?
7. Why did you choose your career or line of business?
8. What is one of your most defining moments in life?
9. What's the best thing that's happened to you this year?
10. When's the last time you failed spectacularly at something?