Computer Guy

Computer Guy
Sunset at DoubleM Systems (DBLM.com), Del Mar, California

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Sleep



Sleep. Probably the most important thing you can do to be healthy and productive is to focus on your sleep. And, as the old management maxim states, you have to measure it to manage it. I use the app called Sleep Cycle to measure and report on my sleep stats.

Included in this post are just a few of the many stats that it gives me.

I really like the comparisons of my average bedtime with the USA and other countries.
I used to go to bed around midnight, like most people in the USA, but then I noticed I felt better if I got more sleep before midnight, and that squares with other research I've done.


This one less revealing than the others, but it shows that I'm keeping consistent even through the weekends:


While the Sleep Cycle app may not be perfect, and while they are a bit vague on how they calculate the nightly Sleep Score, at least it is consistently calculated so it's helpful in that regard.

An unexamined life is not worth living. (Plato)

What are you doing to examine and optimize your sleep?