1. Just start. Starting a task makes it easier to finish; our brains are wired to complete tasks.
2. Work in short bursts. You can do more in less time, if you're focused and energized.
3. Be unavailable during your peak performance hours, so you can use your energy for big projects.
4. Quit whining. You don't have to feel like doing something in order to do it.
5. Forget Perfection. Get things done. If you aim for perfection, most tasks will never be completed.
6. Increase productivity by 15% by taking 20-minute breaks in between 90-minute work sessions.
7. Take a vacation. For every 10 hours of vacation, performance improves by 8%.
8. The best performers across many disciplines work in 90-minute sessions, no more than 4 hrs/day.
9. Create a productive office space. Warmth and natural light make us happier and more productive.
10. Take a nap. Recommended nap time varies from 10-30 minutes. Pick a length that energizes you.
11. Practice meditation. Studies prove mindful meditation improves concentration and strengthens memory.
12. Wake up earlier. Studies suggest that many successful CEOs start their day before 6am.
13. Go offline. The Internet, social media, and email are all productivity killers.
14. Make a to-do list. It can give you the feeling of accomplishment you need to be more productive.
15. Plan out your week in advance. Adding some discipline in your routine will help prioritize what's important.
16. Have someone keep you accountable. The pressure may be enough to keep you firmly on track.
17. Apply some enthusiasm to your task. It's how Jerry Seinfeld maintains momentum and keeps up his energy.
18. Finish your least favorite task first. This will encourage you to get to the stuff you enjoy doing.
19. If you can, take one day a week work from home. It can be a distraction-free place to work.
20. Learn to say no. Creating a stricter daily schedule for yourself can help you eliminate distractions.
21. Turn important tasks into habits. Habitual habitual routine will make The work feel comfortable.
22. Delegate tasks when possible. Use the extra time to focus on larger goals.
23. Break up your tasks into chunks, and then work until you've completed one chunk.
24. Stopping what you're doing and get some sleep
25. Reduce your to do list to two or three items. keep it simple and avoid becoming overwhelmed.
26. make some time for wasting time. schedule your brakes so that they don't turn into lengthy procrastinations.
27. Consider using off-line tools. A whiteboard, a large notepad, or a sheet of printed paper.
28. Buy a real-life alarm clock to set reminders. The one on your phone will only tempt you into procrastination.
29. If it's a task that will take five minutes or less tackle it now!
30. Work where you feel most comfortable, but don't feel confined to one place.
31. Work in 10 to 15 minutes increments using a timer for bursts of efficiency.
32. Eat a big breakfast. it's proving to energize you and make you more productive throughout the day.
33. Turn your to-do list into physical appointments and scheduled events to keep your checklist short.