June 30, 2014
Business Execution for Results
Business Execution for RESULTS: A practical guide for leaders of small to mid-sized firms should be required reading for founders and CEOs of small businesses.
Some of what you will learn in this excellent book:
- Why it all starts with a big goal
- The importance of strategy
- How to analyze your industry the right way
- How to choose your game and play that game to win
- Why most companies get their SWOT analyses wrong
- How to make your performance visible
- How to really hold your people accountable
In particular, I was in total agreement with his focus on building the company around structured communications as follows:
- The Annual High-Level Strategic Review
- The Quarterly Strategic Review
- The Weekly Team Meeting
- The Weekly 1-1 Meeting
- The Daily Huddle
The only meeting he didn't mention and one that I have consistently recommended, is a monthly Board of Advisors meeting. But that may be a more advanced topic for this book.
This book was named Judges' Choice Winner in the Management category of the 2014 Small Business Book Awards. The awards celebrate the best business books that appeal to entrepreneurs, managers and their employees. The Winners were chosen by an expert panel of 24 judges from the small business community in the USA. The criteria for judging the Winners included: quality and quantity of the content conveyed; usefulness to small business owners and entrepreneurs; and freshness of the subject matter or how it was treated. The level of fan support for each Winner was also taken into account.
Read this book, take action, and get Results!
Business Execution for RESULTS: A practical guide for leaders of small to mid-sized firms
Posted by Michael McCafferty