Computer Guy

Computer Guy
Sunset at DoubleM Systems (DBLM.com), Del Mar, California

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The #1 Mistake CEOs Make

By far, the number one mistake CEOs make is "waiting too long to (whatever)".  This is the answer given by 80% of those interviewed.*  This amplifies my previous post about "not taking action".  Now that you have learned this most important fact, DO SOMETHING!  That's your job, right?  Chief EXECUTIVE Officer.  Executive means to "execute".  That's another word for Do.


The way I see it, we learn nothing by doing nothing.  It is only by taking Action that we learn something.  We learn that the results of our actions are either good or bad.  If the results are bad, then we need to take Action again, quickly, until we get the good results we want.  But "waiting too long" is a prescription for mediocrity, and possibly even extinction.

*The source for this statistic is the instructor in my class on Entrepreneurship at UCSD.  He's a Venture Capitalist.  He should know.

2 comments:

  1. I believe the only way to stop fear is to stop listening to your detractors. I have been working on www.delegationmagic.com for 5 years now - I wish I would have just borrowed a million dollars in 2005 (when my house would have carried the loan) and just finished the product. By now someone might be trying to buy us out if we had 5 years of customers under our belt. Truly the number one problem as I look back is waiting to long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Keep doing" should be the slogan of every CEO and not "keep receiving". It is very persuading post and I will see to it that our boss get's to see this blog.:)

    ReplyDelete