Computer Guy

Computer Guy
Sunset at DoubleM Systems (DBLM.com), Del Mar, California

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Appreciation from Down Under


My primary motivation for doing what I do is to help others.  It's my way of Giving Back, and demonstrating appreciation for the help I've had along the way.  For that reason, it's always great to get nice emails of appreciation, like this one that just came in recently from Australia. This person was referred to me by a mutual friend I met 17 years ago while I was in Luxembourg. Small world...

Hi Michael,

For the last few weeks, I’ve thought that I must write to you, to thank you for helping me to stay standing when it all looked a bit too hard, but also to fill you in on where things are now. I want you to know that I’m ok, and that your help did indeed help.

I feel like I’ve passed through a storm or a long dark tunnel, and can see (at last) that the worst is over. This time last year I couldn’t see ahead at all, and I have to thank you for helping me to break it all down into bite-size chunks. But mostly, I want to thank you for supporting a complete stranger in need. You’re very kind and I hope lots of people think to thank you for it!


Warm regards,

(from MN, Australia)

No comments:

Post a Comment