Computer Guy

Computer Guy
Sunset at DoubleM Systems (DBLM.com), Del Mar, California

Thursday, June 15, 2017

The recording I use to start my day


I have always been interested in the philosophies of Ben Franklin. He's one of the most fascinating people in all history. One of the first things he would do each day is to ask himself the question: "What Good Shall I Do Today?" With that attitude, it's most likely going to be a good day!

Over the years I have become convinced that we can choose our thoughts, and that positive thoughts will most likely produce positive actions, and that positive actions will most likely produce positive results. With this in mind, I have created various methods to be sure that I think positive thoughts as much as possible.

Ben Franklin did a lot of reading. This reading created his thoughts, his thoughts created his actions, and his results. His results are legendary.

I read a lot too, but nowadays we have tools that are more effective at creating positive thoughts and results. For example, we can record our own voice, thanks to Edison, another legendary inventor.

That's one of the tools I use to pattern my mind with positive thoughts. You might want to give it a try. I like audio recordings because I can play them while I'm doing something else, like exercising, walking, waiting in line, driving, etc.

My days start with meditating, and for that I use the iPhone app called Calm. There's a different meditation recording each day, lasting about 10 minutes. Next, I'll do some light exercise, stretching, and some weights. Here's where my own custom recording comes into play because I can be listening to it while I'm doing these other mindless activities. The recording may occasionally change over the years, but only a little. It's all about Gratitude, Values, Priorities, Affirmations; the stuff we have often heard that we should think about, write down, and review often. But of course almost nobody does it. It's actually boring to read the same stuff over and over, so it falls into disuse. But the key to getting results from almost anything is repetition.

That's why I make a recording. This is the first time I have revealed one of the major secrets I have used to create my life over the last 35 years. I recommend that you find a way to do your own recordings, and to play them frequently, and let me know how they work for you.


Shown below is the text I wrote down, then read, while Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is playing on another device for background music. Six and a half minutes. What have you got to lose?  :)

             Gratitude

I get to live another day!  Yay! :)

The Opportunity to help others 

Excellent Health
Home by the sea in Del Mar
    (the climate, security, quiet)
Loving Family & Caring Friends
Comfortable finances
Sense of Humor, 
positive attitude, 
driven to improve,

------------------------------

                  
    Live based on these Values:

Integrity          
Do my best 
Help others.
Continuous Improvement.

--------These are my priorities:

Health, physical & mental
     Sleep, Nutrition, Exercise,
     Meditation, Solitude
  Family, Friends, Help Others
  Home, financial independence

--------Affirmations, my thinking:

I am Nature's Greatest Miracle
Today I Begin a New Life
I Greet today w Love inMyHeart
I Laugh at the World
I am Master of my Emotions
I Live Today as if it is my Last
I Multiply my Value 100-fold
I Persist Until I Succeed
I Act Now
I ask for Help

 ---------------------------

Whatever you can do, 
or dream you can, 
Begin it.
   
Boldness has Genius, Power, and Magic in it.  
Begin it Now!

------------------

The Optimist Creed
      Promise Yourself:

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

            ----------------

Think - Plan - Do - Repeat

Sales Solves All Problems

Always Be Recruiting

Do it. 
Document it. 
Delegate it.

Do Good Now, 
make it better later.

Begin it Now!

Everything is 
Prototype Product.

Breathe. Smile. Repeat.

Be. Do. Have.

I Recruit and I Delegate, therefore I am...

As team leader my job is
to nurture the conditions that encourage the team to be effective.