Computer Guy

Computer Guy
Sunset at DoubleM Systems (DBLM.com), Del Mar, California

Friday, February 17, 2017

I want what I want, when I want it.


Hate all that email?  Me too!
I want it, but not Now.
I hate all the interruptions with stuff that can easily wait until later.

I want what I want, when I want it.
So I finally decided to do something about it.

I set up a Label called "1. Read Later"
and Filter everything I get on a recurring basis
(newsletters, notifications, meetups, blah, blah, blah)
to automatically skip my Inbox and go directly to Archive
with the label 1. Read Later.

Now I'm just never bothered during my Golden Hours
with the trivia I just do not need to know about Now.
Ah! The Peace!

At the end of the day,
I click on the filter called 1. Read Later
and easily deal with all the stuff.

I even put an event on my calendar for 5:30 pm to Read Later!

Sure there are apps to Read Later, but this method is automatic.


No comments:

Post a Comment