Computer Guy

Computer Guy
Sunset at DoubleM Systems (DBLM.com), Del Mar, California

Friday, January 18, 2013

Sharpening the saw


In his book The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey discusses habit #7: Sharpening the Saw, regarding self-rejuvenation. The advice is to balance and renew your resources, energy, and health to create a sustainable, long-term, effective lifestyle. It primarily emphasizes exercise for physical renewal, meditation, yoga, and good reading for mental renewal. It also mentions service to society for spiritual renewal.

In this spirit of renewal, and in alignment with the New Year and the resolutions traditional at this time, I got to thinking how I could improve my own life, especially as it relates to my coaching/mentoring of entrepreneurs.

The books shown in the photo above are a few of my planned short term reading materials.  If you know of others, please let me know.

Additionally, I will be working toward a certification program for coaching, because, well, because I can.  Some of my mother's best advice was to aim to be the best at anything I chose to do.

What are your plans to Sharpen the Saw?

No comments:

Post a Comment